Friday, October 9, 2009

Rainy Birthday Friday




Bugs has turned two! And as it was a chilly, rainy (however, lovely with the amazing New England foliage), somewhat gloomy day, all we did was take naps and bake. I found a good recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes on the back of a Jiffy box (I don't think I've mentioned how much I love Jiffy mixes... I do love them. They are more or less all purpose, inexpensive and VINTAGE! Well... vintage-looking...).
I wish I could remember what I put in the apple crisp. I believe it was apples, frozen organic raspberries, sucanat (a natural, organic sugar substitute), and the top was a mix of quick-oats, brown sugar, a little cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Then I baked it until it "looked done" and the house smelled like fall. I tend to leave baking to fate, but so far that has worked for me. I am far less likely to actually follow a recipe, or leave it be and not tamper with it. There's a good recipe here. And if you add a bag of frozen strawberries, or blueberries, or pineapple, or mango, or raspberries to the mix, you are to be congratulated on your adventurous spirit. Keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment