Saturday, December 26, 2009

Loot And My Little Collection



My stash of intruments is growing! Added to my collection were a new Ukulele, a new Keyboard, a sweet new Mic, and some software to get it all going. I'm beside myself with excitement, and it's a good thing I have a whole ten days off to play with my new things(minus one day. I don't count Monday as a day off. It's a dentist day, in which I expect to have teeth pulled, and things filled, and shots, and blood, and general nastiness. ). I've expirimented a bit with the new Uke, and the Mic, and they are beautiful. I cannot wait to officially start recording legitimate things!
Also cannot wait for New Years in California! Lizzie Menthol and I are heading out on Thursday for fun times at The Viper Room, and Disneyland! A far cry from last years' New Years, in which we were both very very ill and spent the New Year watching "Mean Girls" and drinking White Zinfandel , whilst bemoaning the fact that we were not out celebrating at somewhere more fascinating than my living room. Hooray for LA!!!
In sadder news, I took down the classy black and white Christmas tree to make way for the Keyboards and everything else. I hate taking down Christmas trees and decorations. But not so much that I leave them up til the Fourth of July like some around here... And the joy of new instruments made the "Day After Christmas Blues" not so bad.

2 comments: