Monday, December 7, 2009

Gingerbread Mayhem and Happy December!






I had very very high hopes for my first batch of gingerbread. Idea No. 1 was to create the Millennium Falcon. But after studying the pictures for an hour, I decided it would be far less tiresome to build the seemingly simple and lovely Eiffel tower. Creating templates and actually baking the stuff wasn't bad at all, but due to all the icing and candy, the first two tiers toppled to the counter soon after I added them, leaving only the bottom of the tower and six sad beret-ed Frenchmen. I was seriously considering rebuilding, but I decided on a less ambitious undertaking. 19th Century New York City. Which is in the works!







I'm absolutely loving this December so far! Aside from the disastrous end of the gingerbread Eiffel tower, that is.
As soon as all the turkey and pies were gone, it seems the whole family began preparations for Christmas! My niece, Corabelle learned (and found that she absolutely loves)to sew and with a little help from her Nonnie, made Christmas stockings for everyone in the family.
I found early on Black Friday that my beloved 6 ft. baby-pink Christmas tree was missing from the basement, and then later on realized it was gone entirely. Turns out someone had thrown it out during Spring cleaning. So off I went to look for a new one with the help of Mums. Finding a 6 ft. pink tree is not an easy thing though. So I decided on a shiny new 6'5 white pine with black and silver decorations, and found I love it just as much as a pink one, if not more.


3 comments:

  1. Hurray for pink Champagne and Modeling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rock city crimewave?!?!? omg, remember when you were obsessed with fedora wearing dude? and then we realized he was only wearing a fedora because he was BALD???

    ahahdhdhahahahshasdhalkd!!!

    ReplyDelete