Monday, December 21, 2009

New Loves


I've had the guitar for quite some time, but never really touched it. I only ever played the piano for ages, and I was somewhat afraid of the guitar. Then I became obsessed with the sound of the ukulele beginning last year and have wanted one ever since. Then a week ago I found one for next to nothing. It's really just a toy, but it works nicely when you have no idea what you're doing. Then I decided if I could figure out Uke tabs, I could surely figure out guitar tabs! And so today I learned the A, E and D chords! My fingertips are on fire, but I'm fantastically proud of myself.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! The Uke's colors are: Handsome, And the Guitar: Classic!
    I Love music so much and have been afraid of instruments for a looong time! I have had a small acoustic guitar for 12 years and never played it... Just a few weeks back I aquired another! I finally decided to fiddle around with them lately and am having fun! No chords yet, just experimenting for now, baby steps I guess..... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was shocked at how easy the guitar is, and I can't believe I put it off for so long! The Ukulele is even easier. My little 2 year old, that I take care of, was watching me watching a youtube-how-to on how to play an E chord and walked over and did it himself! I love it. I'm so anxious to actually play things now.

    ReplyDelete